Thursday, March 5, 2009

Counting blessings

As you can see, our camera is feeling much better! We caught a few shots today and wanted to share....





Thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes today. I truly appreciate it. It didn't take much reflection to realize just how blessed I am. I have two wonderful kids and an amazing husband. I'm surrounded by incredibly supportive and loving family and friends...some live close geographically and some live close to my heart. We never want for food, clothing, shelter, or any other provision, which is a lot more than many in this world can say. We live in a place where we can openly practice our faith and proclaim the TRUTH. I could go on and on.... So, it is my birthday wish that you find the joy I did by stopping for a moment and counting your blessings, not your years.

And now, a Marie anecdote...

The whole family went out for supper tonight. We just went to a little Chinese place nearby. While we were there, Marie was looking at one of those stand-up advertisements that you sometimes find on tables. There were a couple of beer bottles and a "Budweiser" insignia on it. She thoughtfully told us, "It says....drinkability." Jon and I almost lost it...

1 comment:

Kocher Family said...

Hey Peg- Happy Birthday! With Kayla's big Number 5! I forgot......I'm so sorry! Wishing you all a good weekend!